Monday, September 17, 2012

9/17 Stampin' Up! Pursuit of Happiness & MDS2, Sudsol sketch challenge

Good Morning Friends!

I know that I have been a little bit MIA on my blog.  Here's the scoop.  I'm working on something BIG!  I mean HUGE!  For this year's stamp out breast cancer event, I'm going to be offering a class planner.  It has taken me 3 weeks solid and it's out for proofing!  I will release the class planner soon.  The best part is, I'm giving all the money from the sale of the planner to Breast Cancer research!  This is my ONE BIG service project a year and I want to do it with gusto ~ so stay tuned!

So ~ here we go.  Once a month I host a chat over on a group that I belong to for demonstrators called SUDSOL.  This morning's chat was a chat and challenge where I provide a sketch.  Honestly, I grabbed one of the 9 sketches that I didn't use from 411 and just re purposed it.  So, this was going to be a 411 sketch.  :) 

I have been seeing this butterfly punch used for negative space all over pinterest and wanted to do my own version.  :)  This is the gorgeous International Bazaar designer paper.  :)  So cool!

So, here's my sketch!  I was having so much fun it sort of looks like a card already!  I did it in My Digital Studio 2.  Pretty fabulous, ey?  I love all the little pearls as the flame on the birthday cake... oh boy.. well how about some measurements.

Base layer is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: 4 x 5 1/4" and embossed with the Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Layer 3: 5 x 2" strip of the International Bazaar DSP,
with a the elegant butterfly punched out under where you wont see it.
 Layer 4: Whisper white layer 4 1/8" x  2 5/8"
Layer 5: 4 x 2 1/2" different pattern of the International Bazaar DSP, with a elegant butterfly punched out to create the negative space.
Layer 6: 17" of Pacific Point stitched ribbon
Layer 7: The sentiment was cut out with one of the shapes from the Apothecary Accents Framelit, then stamped. I put that layer up on dimensionals to sit nice on top of the ribbon.   I tried sponging that top layer, then decided it looked better clean.
Layer 8: Finally, I attached the butterfly that I punched out of layer 4 with a glue dot and added some self adhesive rhinestone gems to the top.
 
This also doubled as my swap card for last night's team shoe box swap which we held at a local pizza place (which now has the BEST roast beef I've ever had!!)   New favorite, just sayin'

Anyway, one of the shop owners, Helen had her birthday last night.  So, we all made an extra sample and celebrated her birthday!  Last night she actually said she might like to try stamping some day!  That's pretty cool!

That's it for today.  Tonight I'm going to be hanging with a girlfriend in the studio trying out some fun with tiles!  :)

Have a great day!

Selene Kempton
Order 24/7 through my online store

0 comments: