Friday, January 14, 2011

Saturday Sketch Challenge

Good Evening Stampers!!!

I'm writing to you from my hotel room in Nashville TN. I am at the Stampin' Up! leadership convention and feel lucky to be spending time with friends while attending some WONDERFUL classes!

On Wednesday, I attended Managers reception at the wildhorse saloon and danced the night away. Yesterday, we went to classes... Listened to wonderful announcements about how we get paid, and about an increase in compensation for those of us with a team. Very exciting stuff!

We finished the night with close friends, making cards for the ronald mcDonald house charities... Talking, and laughing... Watching product demonstrations and more...

Tonight's sketch was actually cased, from the last idea book and catalog. I don't have the book in front of me, but that's where I got this layout.. Sometimes when I'm stuck for a layout, I find casing a book or magazine fits the bill perfectly!

To play along, check out the shared blog that I have with the AWESOME, Stamping 411 operators! :D

One possible set of measurements could be..
  1. Layer One -- Cardbase cut at 5.5 x 8.5", scored and folded
  2. Layer Two -- Cardstock cut at 4 x 5.25"
  3. Layer Three -- Cardstock of DSP cut at 4" wide and torn at approximately 4"
  4. Layer Four -- DSP cut at 2.5 x 3.5"
  5. Layer Five -- Cardstock cut at 2.25 x 3.25"
I hope you're having a wonderful week. I'm told it's snowing "heavily" right now in Nashville. It will be interesting to see what "heavily" means here.. It's been flurrying all week, and schools have been canceled here. :D

Have a wonderful weekend!!
Selene Kempton

4 comments:

Kerin said...

This is so beautiful Selene and I love hearing about the fun you had at leadership!

Patti Chesky said...

I dread making sympathy cards, but this one is just beautiful. I had so much fun with you at Leadership....thanks for the memories!

Vicky said...

This is lovely Selene. Your little girl has grown so much and looks just like her Mommy.
best wishes
Vicky

Connie Babbert said...

so pretty, Selene! Great to see you at Leadership!