Monday, January 31, 2011

Mojo Monday ~ No More Snow

When I saw this morning's sketch from mojo monday, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I really love the idea! Can I just say I'm sick of the snow?

On a personal note, we have a little over 5 ft on the ground... I drive a pick up truck and cant see around the corners when I drive around town.. Well, we are getting a small storm Tuesday, then the "Main Event" Wednesday, dumping another 12-20" on the ground and I don't know where we are going to put it! So here is my ode to spring.

I digress... This card came together very quickly.. I love the clean and simple feel of it. It would be a wonderful birthday card, or a card to someone to celebrate any accomplishment. I think it would even work well as a wedding card!

With the ribbon flowers from SU, I just added glue dots and it went that quick! I'm headed over to volunteer at the school this morning, so I need to run!

Wishing you a snow free week! (and me too).
Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton

13 comments:

Carole Campanile said...

Oh this is fabulous, very elegant. I agree that it has many possibilities; get well, HB, Missing you, and so on. I've been looking at the ribbon flowers but haven't bought them yet, I might have to get some. Love the DP as well!

I can't wait to get home tonight and make a card with this great design.

I'm guessing your are in the central states somewhere. We're expecting sleet and ice here in Dallas. We'd never be able to function if we had the kind of snow you described. Dallas shuts down with an inch of the stuff on the ground. LOL

TFS

Andrea VS said...

Lovely! Snow here too after 50's on the weekend. Sigh. A good day for card making though. :)

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous card!! This DP is so striking and yet I find it a challenge to use!
Yep, more snow & ice for us in PA!

The Other Patti Sue said...

It is gorgeous... really would be a great wedding card!

Rochelle Sodipo said...

I like the soft colors that you used for this card. Very sweet and pretty.

Debbie Henderson said...

I thought wedding also! I just love those little rosettes!...and I'm sick of snow too!

Kathy said...

I am sooooooo tired of this snow!! We haven't had a full week of school in weeks. But on a positive note.... I've had time to stamp!

loz said...

This is soo elegant Selene..Loz

Jamie ~ www.GettingCrafty.net said...

Stunning... bravo.. great use of this amazing paper and this challenge!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is drop dead gorgeous!!!!
So Elegant.
I can't believe you're having that much snow again!!! I think you should move south and then....we'd be neighbors!!
Hugs!!!

Cherie said...

OMG! Your card is so stunning and elegant! I just love it! TFS! Hey it was 80 in south Texas today but cold weather is on its way by Wednesday!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the row of flowers!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

this is pretty....stay warm!