Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Heart Day

With so many new things in the catalog, it's easy to lose sight of what you already have sitting lonely on the shelf. I found this great little guy in my retired stamp set pile. I was excited to figure out that I had inadvertently put it in the wrong pile and it actually is in the new catalog! How fun! I pulled out my new circle cutter from Stampin' Up, and cut the big pink circle on the left hand side of this card.

Then i ran two layers through the sizzix machine with my new texture z dies that dry emboss in SECONDS!!!

To make the scallop border around the circle, i punched a 1 3/8" circle out of some scrap paper, then punched a scallop circle punch out of that scrap paper. it leaves me with a scallop that has a hole in the middle. i snipped the sides of the scallops to be able to "work" the paper and attached my new scallop edge to my large circle. It took two scallop circles with holes to complete the entire large circle edge.

Next, I stamped my mouse image on some designer series paper and cut out JUST the heart. I punched a flower with my 3 hole punch and removed a stone from it's casing using some paper snips. I used crystal effects to attach that stone, and thought that the heart would be fun if it was shiny. So, I ended up using crystal effects for the whole heart. There is a bunch of texture and fun with this card! I hope you like it! Thanks for visiting today.

Rubber Hugs,
Selene~

0 comments: