Friday, January 9, 2009

Bloggers Challenge ~ Designer Series Paper Challenge

I'm still making swaps... Well, by now I'm swapping my swaps!

This beautiful card is mainly about the raspberry tart designer series paper. Out of all the cards I made for swapping, I'm most proud of this one. It's not that it took more time. It just does "it" for me. :)
First, I embossed the sentiment on whisper white paper, and embossed the ice cream on designer series paper. Letting the swirl pattern show through. Then, i laid crystal effects on the glass and let that dry. I used a 2 way glue pen to adhere that to the white scallop and layered a rose red scallop behind it. The background of my card... Maybe you can see the hearts? Well that's the new trio punch that will be available from your demonstrator on January 19th. I just used glue dots to adhere the hearts on. I just used a pair of snips to cut the excess of the sides.
This card is so much fun and was fun to make. It didn't take that long to make 12 of them... So it's cute AND it didn't take forever to make! A keeper for sure! :) Thanks for checking this out. Please also check out the fantastic work of the other bloggers who take the weekly challenge! I think you'll agree their work is top notch!

12 comments:

Kerry D-C said...

This is SCRUMPTIOUS!! beautiful paper!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a fantasically yummy card. Truly a delicious design and your patterned paper is perfect. Love the embossed hearts too. Have fun at Leadership!

Lisa Martz said...

That paper looks good with ice cream. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Selene, great card! I love the Sundae and the new paper is just gorgeous!
I wanted to let you know that i have nominated you to receive a blog award. Hop on over to my blog to claim it!

Chrissy D said...

Ohh pretty! Love this DP!

Ida said...

This looks delicious. The swirly icecream is so pretty. Great idea with the hearts as well.

Patti Chesky said...

Yum-o! How did you know I was craving ice cream? Great card!

Lori said...

Wow--love all the special details on this card!

carolm said...

i love how you did the ice cream sundae selene. great card!!!

xox ~ carol.

Lisa Bohler said...

Great way to use the punched out hearts to create your own textured paper background! Love the sparkle that you acheived with the Sundae! Will have to try that out!

Anonymous said...

thanx 4 being so kind as u r - u make my heart smile...
your work is as lovely as ever!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is darling Selene! I can't wait to see all of the new things...this paper is wonderful! :D