Friday, November 14, 2008

Weekend Sketch Challenge #66


Just playing along with Beate John's weekend sketch challenge. There is a BOAT LOAD going on with this card. What a terrific and simple sketch! My base layer is Old Olive.
Layered on that is real red Stamped with some whisper white craft snowflakes. This looks just like the DSP from the I wish simply scrappin kit, doesn't it?? I tied a red ribbon around another piece of old olive, then rubbed a snowflake right on the ribbon. I love this set with the "word images" I inked most of the stamp in real red marker, and although you cant see it that well, the ornament topper, is painted with dazzling diamonds and crystal effects and is super sparkly. I was thinking that I would like this to be a workshop card and I didn't have a whole lot of "bling bling" brads, so I tried making faux brads with reinker, crystal effects, and dazzling diamonds. That's the ONLY part that I'm not really crazy about. I'll have to find a different way
Awesome sketch Beate! Lovin it!

3 comments:

Beate said...

Selene, your card is beautiful!
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Dori Shelton said...

Very elegant and pretty!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is so pretty.