Sunday, November 16, 2008

TIc Tac Toe ~ An Interactive Game In a card!

I had this card in my head for quite some time. My friend was hosting a CHRISTMAS swap, and I almost made this card for it, thinking it was a holiday mini catalog swap!
Oh well. I made one anyway. Ever since I spotted this set, I knew what I wanted to do. My daughter LOVES tic tac toe.
So, I started with velcro strips and dots. I took the build a brads and cut the brad part off. I made 12 game pieces to choose from even though you could only use 9 total. The extra pieces are off on the left hand strip of velcro. Each Brad can be removed and placed anywhere. Isn't this cool?
I used the velcro on the back of the brads to make my game pieces. The extra strip of velcro holds all the game pieces. Tic tac toe, three in a row.... Now we can play all the time! I might make a larger version of this game, but i think the card is pretty cool!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Love it! This set just screams to be made into a game and you did it perfectly.

Beate said...

Wonderful idea! LOVE it!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea. The kids will love it. And also another great way to use the Build a Brads.

Judi