Saturday, April 5, 2014

4/5 Stampin' Up! Embellished Events, Multi-Marker, Birthday Card

Good Morning Friends!

I'm so grateful that the weather is getting a big better.  It's rainy and in the 40's this morning, but it's better than snow!  I love to think about the rain being the thing to make the flowers grow and bring the colors of summer all around us outside!

Well, that was a deep thought!  Enough!  Let's have some fun!  This card is super sweet and fun to make and the elements just make me happy! 

For the focal point.  Notice that it's crooked on my card?  After all that marker work, I didn't want to re-stamp my image on the back, so I went with it, and just applied the cake straight, so that the panel was crooked.  Your eye might not have picked it up at first glance if I didn't point it out, but that's one of the beautiful things about stamping. There are no real mistakes, just embellishment opportunities!  I just love how all the elements of this card came together.  It's so girlie and fun, but soft at the same time!  Woohoo! 
I started with a blushing bride base layer, cut to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, and scored in half at 4 1/4".  The second layer is smokey slate 5 1/8 x 3 7/8". 

For Layer 3, it's a 1/4" smaller, so 4 7/8 x 3 5/8.  We stamped the celebrate using a raspberry ripple marker, let it dry for a few seconds and then embossed this panel with the fancy fan embossing folder.  It's a really cool concept that you don't have to add another layer for your sentiment when you emboss, you just need to stamp before you emboss! 

Next, I added some of the Birthday Basics designer paper.  This paper is probably going to be one of the things retiring soon. It uses 3 of the in colors that are scheduled to retire in a month or so.  The full retirement list is due out around the 24th of April, but this cute paper with the candles I'm sure is on the list.  :)  If you wait until they announce it, it seems the incolor items disappear within hours!  Make sure you snag yours before the list comes out! 

The designer paper is cut to 3 5/8" x 2, and the smokey slate layer underneath is 3 5/8" x 2 3/8"  it's a little bigger than a  quarter inch to leave room for the Scalloped Edge Border Punch

Moving right along to our focal point. When I ink with markers, I always start with the lightest colors first.  So that I don't add the dark blue, then accidentally run a lighter color through the ink (which picks up the darker color in my light marker)  Making sense?  :)  I started with blushing bride, and added that color to the bottom and the middle where the flowers are, and the one candle in the middle.  Then I grabbed my Summer Starfruit marker and added color to the inside of the flowers, and the flames on the tlp of the candle. Smokey slate was next for the two candles and the top panel of the cake.  Finally, I added the bermuda bay, to the diamond pattern. 

By the time I added all my colors the first color starts to dry on my stamp a bit.  So, I give it a huff ~ like I am cleaning a pair of eye glasses.  This re-moistens the ink and makes a cool lush stamp onto my cardstock, which I remind you, I stamped crooked!  That's why I kept it!  {smiles} I added dimensionals to the layer with the cake, so it wouldn't interfere with the pretty bow i tied on.  I hope this ribbon. 5/8" Crochet Trim doesn't retire.  I seem to use it on EVERYTHING.  I buy 10 rolls, and use it for everything... classes, and club, and next thing you know I'm out and buy 10 more.  I think it's my favorite!

I think that about covers today's inspiration!  I hope you're inspired to have some fun and make a card or a scrapbook page, or a 3D.. The possibilities are endless!  Thanks so much for visiting today!


Love,


Selene Kempton
Stampin' Up! Creative Coach
Thank you for your orders with me  Shop here anytime!

1 comments: