Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11 Christmas Collectibles Bundle, Season Of Style Washi, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Modern Label Punch, Circle Framelits, hump day

Good Afternoon Friends!

Before I get started today, on a personal note I just want to take a moment to remember those who serve our country.  For all the hero's from 9/11 and everywhere every day.  It's really hard not to think about what happened 12 years ago today.  Also, for all the people who had to live without their family members.  Sending Love and Prayers for your comfort. 


On a lighter note, it's a SMOKIN hot day here up in the mid to upper 90's!  When in New England, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute!  I'm a rebel, so I thought I'd share with you this AWESOME, Season of Style Washi Tape Christmas Card. 
This card has a few products, so I'm going to start with a linked up shopping list for easier shopping in my store:
Stamps: Christmas Collectibles Bundle (ornament punch shown included), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Old Olive Ink Pad
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler
Embossing Folder: Stylish Stripes
Accessories: Season of Style Washi Tape, Circles Collection Framelits, 1/8" Old Olive Ribbon, Modern Label Punch (sentiment),

Here are all the details about the card. 

First of all, the Very Vanilla panel with Season of Style Washi Tape was cut to 4 1/4" x 3 1/4".  Then, I just started covering the panel with the Washi Tape.  It's so easy to use, when I go to the end of each line, I could rip it right off and have it be ready for the next one. I didn't need to use scissors to get it to tear. 

Next, I tried a really large Circle punch, but NOPE!  The punch was no match for the Washi, so I pulled out my Circles Collection Framelits  to try cutting with that, and wallah, it worked like a champ.  I used the 3rd one in from the smallest. 

So... you see layer 2 is very vanilla?  Well, I saved on some paper.  I stamped my "Merry Christmas" and my ornament on the very vanilla layer and punched it out.  I attached that layer to my base ~ holes and all.. Wicked Cool Stuff.  So I didn't actually require more paper or scraps.  :) 

What day is it??? Can I get a Whoop Whoop??  The silly camel is my favorite commercial, I digress.

After I stamped and punched my two items, I sponged the Merry Christmas with the same Old Olive Ink.  I love that our goodies are set up to match. 

I tied a bow and attached that to my ornament with a glue dot and added three Rhinestone Self Adhesive embellishments. 
Those are a steal/deal at $4.95 for 150 plus 3 strips! 

So finally how about some Measurements:
Base: Crumb Cake 8 1/2 x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: Very Vanilla 5 1/4" x 4 (note, i used this layer for the punched shapes on top too)
Layer 3: Cherry Cobbler 5 1/8 x 3 7/8", embossed with the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder
Layer 4: Very Vanilla 4 1/4 x 3 1/4"

So you may be wondering what I did with the cut out of the center circle?  Oh, I made another cute card with that!  Tune in tomorrow to see the other half of what we did!!  That's my little bit of inspiration for today.  Thanks for stopping by! 

Love,


Selene Kempton

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this simple but striking card, but must add that my SUP! 2 1/2" circle punch worked like a dream! So happy about that as i'm yet to get those circle framelits which are next on my wish list!
TFS your designs!

Donna said...

This is so pretty, I just had to give it a try tonight! I didn't have the same embossing folder, but I think the one I used works great too.

I too used the 2 1/2" Circle Punch and it punched right through the washi tape.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful card. You can see mine on my blog tomorrow!