Thursday, December 22, 2011

Love you! Another sneak peek card

Good Evening Friends!

I finally picked my first swap card of the season... ~ The swapping season that is! Right when the preorders come out for demonstrators, I typically sign up for a few swaps.. This year I'm signed up for FIVE separate swaps! I must be out of my mind! :D I actually turned down a swap I usually participate in.. so funny!

I'm really diggin the new mini catalog. This card was made with images from the upcoming set "P.S. I love you" from Stampin' Up! I love the valentine images and the sentiment is to die for! I love the fun and pretty font.

This is one of the floral patterns from the twitterpatted designer paper, and the pleated ribbon that I'm already addicted to. This one is red riding hood. A color that I'm ready to renew my love affair with now that there's so many fun accessories to go with! :D I really love using designer paper this way. I cut a sheet of paper down to 3 3/4" x 5" then cut from corner to corner. 1 piece of Designer paper yields 12 of this fun pattern!

So Measurements:
Base 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: basic grey 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Layer 3: baja breeze 5 x 3 3/4"
Layer 4: DSP cut to above measurements
Layer 5: ribbon
Layer 6: framelet cut shimmer white
Layer 7: heart of hearts embosslet (for the heart)
Layer 8: Shimmer white punched heart

That's it for today... Say~ my daughter really wants to bake Christmas cookies. Does anyone have a good recipe for sugar cookies they can share with me? I've never made them!
Also, how do you frost and decorate them? Do you have any traditions you'd like to share?

Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton
Selene

1 comments:

irishgalkelly said...

Hi Selene! Your card is so pretty! I'm loving the new sneak peeks you've been showing us. I especially like the blue dsp with the red. Different, fresh looking!

I just made sugar cookies with my kids for the first time this year. I used Pillsbury's "rolled sugar cookie" recipe and they turned out great. We rolled the dough, cut, and then the kids put colored sugar instead of frosting. They tasted great as long as I didn't have the dough rolled too thin. If you want the recipe I'd be happy to share it with you. I prefer the frosting kind, but this was not as intimidating. My church friend tells me to just buy canned frosting and use food dye and she says that is just as easy as our method. Good luck! I'm hoping to make some more tomorrow or Saturday along with some pressed SU cookies too.