Friday, July 1, 2011

Saturday Sketch Challenge 210

Good Evening Friends!

By the time you're reading this I should have a s'mores in one hand and some sort of fruity concoction in the other.. :D

Camping season is finally here and we're headed out for our first spin with the trailer this year! I really can't wait for the mountain air (and a family cookout at the lake on Sunday).

Tonight, we're bidding a fond farewell to the very talented Connie Babbert, who has been with the team since it's inception in May of 2009. She is one talented lady and will be very missed.

We also announced a bit of a break. We will continue to do the sketch challenges, but are taking the month off from our normal extra posts and required comments. I'll still be looking to see what those folks who are playing along are making. So how about tonight's sketch. The measurements of my card are:

Base 11 x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 5 1/2"
layer 2: 5 x 3 3/4"
Layer 3: 4 7/8" x 3 5/8" (just an 1/8" smaller than layer 2)
Layer 4: DSP 1 x 4"
layer 5: 3 1/8" x 2 1/8", chocolate chip
Layer 6: 3 x 2, whisper white.

Pretty easy peasy! I stamped the bird and the tree with markers, using baja, chocolate and poppy. I cut the bird out and popped him up on a dimensional. Such a cool sketch from the very talented Gretchen Barron.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Cheers,
Selene Kempton

3 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

I Love your creation Selene, the colors, and different elements are fabulous~the little bird on a ribbon is SO sweet! ~ enjoy your weekend camping trip ~ sounds like fun and exactly what we love to do! R&R, soak it up my friend! Blessings ~ Denise !

Kathy said...

Selene , I just love this card --very
happy card that will bring a smile to anyone receiving the card. Great use of the new polka dot ribbon!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is so cool! I wan this stamp set now!!! It's a happy card!!