Thursday, October 22, 2009

Chalk your Flock and Glitter!

Here's a card I showed last weekend at the Portland Maine, Stampin' Up! regional seminar. I have a list of about 16 or 18 ways to use chalk pastels... (I didn't count).

This card covers three of them.

I stamped the "banner" Merry Christmas in versamark ink, then used chalk and sponge daubers using the poppin pastels technique. I think that's one of my all time favorites.

The ornament has two techniques which are very simple. First, I added dazzling diamonds glitter to my card with a two way glue pen, then I colored it with a sponge dauber and chalk.

Stampin' Up! has "flock" on their Christmas Cocoa Designer Series paper. If you don't own this paper, it's all about the touch and feel. It's soft and fluffy to touch. The above ornament was cut from the suspension card I made a few weeks ago. This ornament, is the scrap that was cut. I colored the flock (soft fluffy part) with my chalk pastels using a sponge dauber. It's so striking in real life.

See you in the morning for bloggers challenge! This weekend I'm headed to the Dracut Scholarship Craft fair on Saturday from 9-3. If you're in the neighborhood, come on down and say hello!

1 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

Selene, gorgeous card. I am from Maine and missed the sign up by a few hours that day! Wish I could have been there.