Friday, July 17, 2009

Blogger's Challenge ~ Stiches

I thought about making a "joke card" for this weeks STITCH(es) challenge, but I'm frankly not feeling funny today... (that's funny, ey? get it.. )

Sorry, i digress... Seriously, I decided to try out my new simply scrappin kit Christmas Jingle. I will say, that the inspiration from this card, came from an email that I received. I subscribe to Kristina Werner's blog Where she had this cool diagonal rays technique! I'm always up for trying something new. I watched the video on her post and did this one a bit different. I cut four pieces of DSP at once and just paper pieced them together. i had enough for 4 cards with no waste.

If I had to do the stitching on this card over, I would try and make my lines straighter.... and I would probably use chocolate chip instead of black. Other than that i'm pretty happy with it. The bling came from a brad. I just took a pair of craft pliers and removed the stone.

Talk to me.... What do you think? :)

23 comments:

Going with the Flow By Renee said...

I really like this look. It is fresh and different. Great Job! Renee

Tami Black said...

Selene,

I saw your inspiration card yesterday and liked it as well. Love this paper and how you put this together -- I definitely would case this!

Nikki Bond said...

So pretty...love the different DP's...gorgeous! {SMILES}

Lisa Martz said...

Very cute card with interesting angles. Nice job!

Claudia Perry said...

I turned out GREAT! No need to change a thing!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great card Selene, love the diagonal rays!

Unknown said...

Cool technique - love what you did here. It looks so fun!

Unknown said...

What a fun technique and your stitching looks awesome!!! Don't worry about the uneven lines, that is what makes it extra special becasue it is handmade art from the heart!! (my stems are crooked!!)

Anonymous said...

Ok I'm a bit slow but I am chuckling over your "funny & stitches."

I like the new look to this card--great way to use up some scraps and the cut of your DSP and the way you laid it all out brings the eye to your scallop stamped punch.

Nola

Barb Hardeman said...

Well, I'm not a professional, but I think your stitches look just fine! I like the layout of your card too, just a little different from the norm and your dsp is wonderful. It's gorgeous...

Margaret Raburn said...

Wow, Selene, that is a great execution of that design and your stitching looks great!!

Connie Babbert said...

Cool look with those diagonal rays! I think your card is GREAT!

Rachel Hope said...

WOW, what a fun effect with the papers and stitching! Great card!

Ida said...

Fabulous card! I watched part of that same video (very cool technique) and hope to some time try this out myself. Love all the wonderful patterns of paper you used.

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Awesome card! I love the stitched rays--great layout!

Kerry D-C said...

hahahaha! You have me in STITCHES! LOL! silly girls!
This looks so awesome!! Love the "rays"!

Basement Stamper said...

I loved this technique that kwerner had posted, it looks so cook and your choice of cardstock with it is perfect!

Lisa Bohler said...

What a perfect technique for this challenge, Selene! Your card turned out just LOVELY!

Karen said...

Awesome card Selene!! I love the technique

Karen said...

Awesome card Selene!! I love the technique.

Karen

Ali Manning said...

This is a great look - I love what you did with the strips of paper!

Lori said...

The stitching along the diagonal rays looks great!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wonderful card Selene! Love the stitches! :D