Monday, December 22, 2008

Faux Silk with a POP! Mojo Monday #66 Challenge

Ann Clemmer's technique, Faux Silk Pop is the Split Coast Technique Challenge from Lynn in St Louis today. I decided to play along and combine it with the Mojo Monday challenge from Poetic Artistry.

I have been trying for weeks to come up with a spring card and see if I can get my mojo back for making a floral card. it seems like i've been in holiday mode for quite some time! Anyway, I went with my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE color combination for spring. Apricot Appeal, regal rose, rose red, and artichoke. I used markers to ink up my stamp and stamped it on tissue paper. Then I used a glue stick, to stick it to a piece of apricot cardstock.
For the bling on the sentiment, I used my pliers from the crafters tool kit to remove the bling from the brad casing. The brad came from the pretties kit. I used crystal effects to adhere it, as i thought it was a little small for a glue dot. I added quite a bit of dazzling diamonds with a 2-way glue pen. Here are a couple of close ups. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just gorgeous! Love the faux silk look. Thanks for playing! :)

CraftyCat said...

This is gorgeous Selene! i love it! <3

Bev said...

Beautiful card, love the sild effect.

hugs Bev x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I love the faux silk and the bling.