Friday, October 4, 2013

10/4 Joyful Christmas Reinker Spread, and Do NOT drink the Ink!

Good Morning Friends!

Yesterday was a WONDERFUL day!  I had two sessions of Embossing class here.  This was one of the first cards we made using the Reinker Spread technique.   I come back to this technique over and over again.  

The technique was developed by another demonstrator Crystal French.  For more details on this technique you can check out my tutorial at this direct link
One thing when you're doing this technique that is VERY important is to have the right paper.  Stampin' Up!'s shimmer white paper is AWESOME, because when you spritz water on it, it doesn't seem to absorb the water as easily as other papers.  So, first we heat embossed the images with black embossing powder, then we spritzed the paper with water, and added the ink.  Really, if you want to see the process the tutorial above shows the exact same process!

I knew when I saw this Joyful Christmas Stamp Set from Stampin' Up! that the reinker spread was something I wanted to try with it!  It combines watercolor with my favorite technique, heat embossing! 

The supply list for this card is pretty short:

Stamps: Joyful Christmas Stamp Set
Ink: Versamark Pad, pool party reinker, cherry cobbler reinker
Paper: pool party, basic black, shimmer white
Ribbon : pool party seam binding
Accessories: aquapainter (for dropping the reinker onto the puddles of water)

On a personal note, something pretty hysterical happened at my class and I'm just BUSTING to share!  So, we get through doing the pool party ink with the aqua painters and I grab a red solo cup to clean up the brushes.  I rinse the ink in the cup and then put my brushes away for the later session.  

I must have been really dehydrated or something. Without thinking I picked up the cup and took the inky water in.. then immediately spit it back into the cup.  It didn't taste funny and luckily our ink is non-toxic!  Oh my gosh, the ladies in the class ROARED with laughter.  It was the absolute BEST day and a really funny time in class.  Just a word to the wise!  Don't drink the ink!  I love sharing here with you!  Thank you so much to all that support my stampin up business!  

Cheers to you!  (but this time I'm going to drink plain water, thank you!)
Love,



Selene Kempton

0 comments: