Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2/13 Stampin' Up! Soda Pop Tops and A Little Bit of Spring CAS Baby Card

Good Morning Friends! 
Before I get started, I just want to do a hoot hoot and a shout out to Jeannette Gauthier who left me the most wonderful comment yesterday ~ you really made my day better Jeannette!  I followed the link to her blog here.  She's got some really cute projects there!  Thanks Jeannette for your kind words!  :) 

Today, I'm sharing another card that I'm going to make with my SANS Valentine's class attendee's tomorrow night.  It's really adorable and easy to reproduce.  I have some folks who have never stamped with me coming and I want to make sure that:
  1. They LOVE stamping!!
  2. They know that they can reproduce it if they wanted to make their own samples, ey?
So, I have employed the KISS method.  = Keep it simple, stamper!  What were you thinking??  :)

The base layer is Marina Mist  8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2 (inside and out): whisper white 4 x 5 1/4", and embossed with the polka dot embossing folder
Layer 3: 5" piece of Marina Mist Striped Organdy Ribbon
Layer 4: Soda Pop Tops, squished in the big shot (I'll write more about that down below).
Layer 5: 1/2" punched circles, from the A little bit of spring stamp set
Layer 5a: That's the sweetest punch from Sale-A-Bration called the petite curly label punch (item number 129405 is FREE with any $50 purchase in my online store).  The punched image "cute as a bug" measures 3/4' square.  Wicked cute and wicked simple!  :) 
 So, let's talk about the Soda Pop Tops for a moment.   In the package, you get two sizes. The large one fits the 1" circle punch and the small one is 1/2" an inch. 

To smash them down make them decorative, I ran them through the big shot with no tabs.  When you run them through you still need cutting pads so I used an old one that I snapped in half due to use.  :)  Take the oldest looking one you have and put the sharper edge (in the picture above the sharp edge is up facing you) down against the old cutting plate.  then you're ready to roll so to speak.  :)

I couldn't help myself and ran one two more times and made one completely flat by re-running on tab 1, then tab 2.  They look like little wheels all flattened.  I'm going to have to make something with them.  (smiles).

So here is a close up of the "smashed" soda pop top bottle caps.  They are designed for crafters and at $3.95 for 16, they are inexpensive and fun to work with.  I'm in!  :)
 
Can I just say that it makes me so happy to use a set that's intended for a holiday like Easter and make a non-Easter card!  (breakin the law)  :)  This A little bit of spring stamp set is so useful for so many different things and for demonstrators, I just love the "bug me anytime" sentiment!  I'll be playing with this one for sure in the weeks to come!  

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

Love,
Selene
My Stampin' Up! Store

1 comments:

Beth Robinson said...

Love your blog....thanks for sharing. Please check out mine...www.sweetsentimentscrafts.com