Wednesday, May 9, 2012

For Mom

My daughter is pretty lucky, to have the most amazing grandparents around.  Both my mom, and Brian's parents are just wonderful, helpful resources.  I truly believe that Alexis can learn so many things from them that I just can't teach her.  These wonderful experiences have made her into a remarkably loving, sweet, gifted and well rounded young lady.  (not that I'm bias or anything).

When it comes to celebrating holidays that honor those special people in her life and in mine, the right card is essential! 

I get an email weekly from the sketch challenge board over on split coast and saw this delicious sketch.  I thought I better get snapping on those mother's day cards that I'm going to need for the wonderful mom's and nana's and memere's in our family.

I chose this wonderful stamp set that will be retiring on May 31st along with so many others, Flower Fest

I used a bunch of punches as well, it makes layering this flower so quick and easy.   Do you think this card is good enough for one of the AMAZING grandmothers in my life? 

Here's a close up of the flower.. I spritzed it with shimmer mist, and added some pearls in a tight formation to appear like the center of a real flower.  I'm really digging the effect! 


And what is peeking out behind the flower??  Leaves?? Nope!!  That's the new gumball green stitched ribbon!  That will be available for purchase on June 1st.

If nothing else, those special grandmothers in my life will know how much they are appreciated by receiving a card I took the time to sit and make for them especially.  After all, isn't that what it's all about?
Sprinkling little bits of love in every card today. :)

Selene~
Want your FREE copy of the new idea book and catalog?  Place a $50 order online and I'll mail you one as soon as they are in my hands!

4 comments:

Marcee said...

Love this!! What a gorgeous set and your cutting of the stamps is awesome! Love the color too.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Definitely what it is all about. Thanks for sharing the little insights ... and helping us to see how special this card really is! Hugs xxx

Rose said...

Love your flower and that new satin ribbon, a beautiful card.

irishgalkelly said...

Gorgeous Selene and a wonderful tribute to your mom or mother-in-law! I love your big full flower and this new ribbon. Beautiful!!!