Thursday, February 12, 2009

Triple Challenge ~ Bloggers Challenge, Kristina Werner, AND Mojo Monday

Another crazy week but I'm still chugging! I would almost say that this was a quadruple challenge, because I find making cards for my husband quite the challenge. He gives me lots of design advise and he's color blind... He can only see red, black and green really.. He thinks that purple and brown are the same color. I can't even fathom the idea!

So for my bloggers challenge group, the challenge was Valentines Day, for Mojo Monday, the attached Sketch, and Kristina Werner had another color challenge.
Here's my version of all three... plus it's a masculine card for my wonderful, sweet, loving Valentine Brian. I painted the boat with crystal effects and sprinkled some dazzling diamonds on there. I reversed the sketch for the mojo monday, so my little tugboat would fit. I'm really happy with this one.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute, Selene! It's so fun to see what you come up with. We even both turned our ribbon the opposite way from the sketch :)

Anonymous said...

Great card Selene! I love all your stuff...Ive been missing lately..lots going on! Hope you are well,
Cath

Stacey Schafer said...

cute, cute!

Lisa Martz said...

How cute is that? Great job!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Adorable Selena...I'm humming the tune to "Love Boat" in my head now...lol

Rachel Hope said...

Great card...so cute. Great work on the challenges!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

What a great card :)

Kerry D-C said...

This is SO sweet!! Love your "quad-challenge".

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Wow, you certainly covered off the many challenges well. Your take on the Bloggers Challenge is really well done.

:) Marcia

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!

Lisa Bohler said...

I have a color-blind hubby, too but he also gives me good stampin' advice!!!

Love your card! That boat is too cute, especially with the paper-pieced heart that it's towing!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Pat Huntoon said...

That is just great -- love the boat being towed off the layer -- well done!

Lisa Somerville said...

Super cute Selene, love the colors and the boat off the edge of the panel.

Ida said...

Super Cute! - Love that image and how you did the small boat off the edge. Great sketch.

Patti Chesky said...

So adorable!!! I love the little boat floating off the edge of the main panel. The rhinestone on the ribbon adds just the right touch!!

Unknown said...

Super stinkin' cute! Brian is going to love it!

Dawn said...

Beautiful card - such amazing details..

Unknown said...

Too stinkin' cute!!! You did a great job!!

MJ said...

Love the crystal effects on the boat, looks almost real. Great combo of challenges.

Connie Fossenier said...

This one rocks in originality...love it.
connie paxman

Lori said...

Fabulous, Selene! You've created the perfect masculine Valentine card with so many special details.

Anonymous said...

TOo Cute! Great job! Love the way you used an SU stamp set to great such an adorable card.

carolm said...

love it!!! brian is one lucky man.

xox ~ carol.

ps. bonnie's mug is adorable too.

Ladystamper said...

wow! You put a lot of work into this one. Looks great!

Nikki Bond said...

This is really ADORABLE! LOVE IT! {SMILES}

Connie Babbert said...

AWESOME card, Selena! Love the extra tug boat. Happy Valentine's Day!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

How cute is this! You did a wonderful job Selene! Happy Valentine's Day! :D

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Selene! This is a great "non Valentine set" to use for Valentine's Day.