Friday, February 27, 2009

BC 88 ~ An altered item.

It figures that I finish my project in the knick of time to post my challenge and my camera battery ~ completely dead!

I decided to alter a SU album with the new decor stencils! I went and bought some stencil paint. (i'm still not sure how to get it off the brush). I purchased three colors to match my album, two blue's and a silver. I also added some satin ribbon and silver hodgepodge. I cut the backs of the brads down so they wouldnt show, and used crystal effects to attach the hardware.
I started by taping my stencil to the front of the album. then I added my light blue, put some dark blue on top then added the silver. I wanted each color to show, so i didnt go too crazy with any one color. The photo of when I was done with that is down at the bottom.

Shelli Garnder did this at Stampin' Up's leadership conference and I really wanted to try it. With so many babys coming, do you think this might make a good baby album?? I hope you have as looking as I had creating and I hope you have time to stamp something fun today!
Selene Kempton

21 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, Selene! It would make a great Baby album, or a 25th Anniversary album. Great job!

Lisa Martz said...

Selene, this is really beautiful! Great job! What a fun project!

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a beautiful way to alter those plan looking album covers!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors! Is that a Navy album? It came out beautiful! More items for my want-list! :)

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, that looks fantastic, great job!

Lisa Bohler said...

This is fantastic! It's a great way to make our albums shine a bit more than a plain front! Super job with the color choices, too!

Connie Babbert said...

Beautiful look to your album! Great job!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!!!

Ida said...

How pretty (fabulous colors - my favorite). Wow, I would not have thought to use the Decor Elements in that way. Great idea.

Rachel Hope said...

WOWOW....Stunning!

Ladystamper said...

very cool! I love how you blended the colors on here. It looks so rich!

Connie Fossenier said...

Is that on video now..love the stencil saving this one..The blues are very majestic on the album.
connie paxman

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Gorgeous, all those colours work so well. Definately could be a baby album.

:) Marcia

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous, Selene!!! I didn't realize the stencil was so big! TFS! Mary

MJ said...

Fabulous! Love it.

Kristen said...

Very nice, makes that album pop.

Lori said...

How pretty! What a great way to step up those albums.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Selene. Really dresses up the album!!

RuthieB said...

Selene! This is just beautiful!!! As for getting the paints out of your brushes, I always use those cheap, cheap foam brushes and rinse them with water. If they come clean, wonderful, if not, then I'm not out too much.

--Ruthie

Anonymous said...

This is absoutely beautiful! So glad you showed us two pictures.
You are very talented at this Altering game, Nola

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is gorgeous Selene! I love that stencil! You did such a beautiful job with this album! :D