Thursday, November 15, 2012

11/15 Stampin' Up! First Christmas & Jewish Celebrations Ornaments ~ 25 Days of Christmas Day 19

Good Evening Friends!

My very good friend Christina came over yesterday.  Christina teaches school at a local catholic school (and I just love her).  When she is here, she makes the studio happy and lights up the room immediately when she arrives.  Christina came over to play to learn how to make the "lollies" with the Designer Rosette Bigz XL die.  She has two students in her class that are Jewish.  She asked if I purchase the Jewish Celebrations set (Of Course I did!).  :)

So here's samples for both the Catholic and Jewish children that we came up with.
The lollies are a snap to put together with hot glue.  I fold the whole thing up like an accordion and hot glue the center first.  When it's almost stuck together, I attach the two sides of the lolly, again with hot glue.  So, I found, when I was using the die, it was almost impossible to cut it straight.  so I cut it first, then put it through the paper cutter to make sure that the strip is all one measurement.  If there is a 1/4" difference from one side to the other, your lolly may come out a little frumpy.  :)
Here is the back of our ornament.  We stamped the star on the back of the glimmer paper (silver) using stazon ink, waited a second for it to dry, then cut the star out.  Isn't it stunning?  The baby Jesus was stamped in stazon and embossed with silver embossing powder.

The strip for the lolly is 1 1/2" (making the lolly 3" across).  and the punch on the back is the 2 1/2" circle punch. 

The Jewish Celebrations Ornament uses all the same products, just different stamps.  I did add some silver dazzling details to the top of the midnight muse ink.  Just adding enough to make it shimmer, so it dried fairly quick. 

I just love the back image of this one.  it also uses the 2 1/2" circle punch.  I also love that every religion is honored. 
I hope you enjoyed this post today.  I used ALL hot glue to stick it together!  I'm loving my hot glue gun (low temperature for paper) lately!  :)

Thanks for stopping by today!
Rubbah hugs,


Selene Kempton, Creative Coach
Sr. Manager
My Stampin' Up! Store / 25 Days of Christmas Projects!
Money Raised for Breast Cancer last month with my stamping buddies $3855 ~ Making Strides

0 comments: