Friday, March 9, 2012

Saturday Sketch Challenge 246

Hello Friends!
Thanks for popping by!  I was SO late with getting the post done over on stamping 411, sorry about that!  Life has been crazy this week!  It was totally fun to sit and get some stamping time in.  
Since I'm running behind I'm going to get down to the details!  :)
First, here is the cool looking sketch!  I love that moon outside the frame.

Measurements:
Base Layer: Old Olive 5 1/2" x 8 1/2",scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Layer 2:  Blushing Bride 4 1/4" square
Layer 3: Crumb Cake Taffeta ribbon 3/8" 
Layer 4: Early Espresso 3 5/8 x 5
Layer 5: Crumb Cake 3 1/2 x 4 7/8

So ~ first I embossed the crumb cake layer (layer 5) with my rose embossing folder.  I took a few drops of reinker and put it on a plastic zip lock bag (i used old olive and regal rose reinkers). If you were going to make it, next you would take your aquapainter and make a puddle of water on the plastic bag.  drag in a tiny amount of reinker to make your watery paint.  Note: you can always add more, go easy on the ink.
I started with the olive, making my leaves... Then added the rose color every where else.  Don't be fussy.. Just swoosh it on there and let it dry.  While I was waiting for that to dry, I started to distress my espresso layer (which was the same side.  I ripped the top off my paper, then ripped the whole right side.  Crumple it a ball and uncrumple a few times (until you feel better).. lol

Once the crumb cake layer is dry you can do the same to the edges.  have some fun.  When paper really breaks down, try lifting a layer off the back a little, this will make it easier for your edges to roll up.

That's it!  stamp a sentiment, punch it out and you're good to go!  I also painted the crumb cake layer for the sentiment with the pink reinker.. Makes it kind of look like rose gold.  My mom has a bunch of that stuff.. Isn't it cool?

At the end I added some of my new bff dazzling details glitter.  I added three blobs to each of the flowers and one on top of the i in Birthday.. So sweet.  An unexpected phenomenon happened.  my glitter turned white and looks like little pearls in real life.. Love that!

Please check out our main page for the sketch challenge over on 411.  The girls made some AMAZING cards this week!  Hope to see you!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I had "one of those weeks" so I'm planning to have a stellar weekend!  Only one way to go from here!

Cheers!
Selene

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

So unique Selene. I'm going to have to try this. Great look!

Wise Owl said...

Hi Selene,

I discovered your card on the Stamping 411 site, and then took the link to your site. Thank you so much for the directions on how to make it. They worked great. I have posted a picture of one my creations on my site with a link to yours. Here is the link to my site for you to see-
http://freeunionschoolhouse.com/b2e/blog6.php

Thank you again. This is a truly beautiful card. I also loved your site.

Blessings, Lorna