Friday, March 23, 2012

Live in the Sunshine ~ SSC248

Good Evening Friends! 

It's time for another sketch challenge!  Yea!!  I'm steppin out with the honey tonight! Got a sitter and everything so I'm pretty excited. 

We're trying to get out more as a couple.  That's hard to do when you have a little one sometimes.  Although Alexis is getting older, we still don't always make the time. 

I have a friend in from Florida and we're headed out to see a band play.  I'm excited about that too! 

The weather in the northeast has been unseasonably warm.  All the trees and flowers are blooming and it seems like we've skipped spring and moved right into summer!  Don't get me wrong ~ I love it ~ but it's very strange to be at the beach in New England in the middle of March.  All the stores are closed but it's 78 and sunny.  The water temperature is a whopping 40 degrees, so you can catch hypothermia if you go swimming.  Just strange.  Maybe it's from the solar flares that we've been experiencing?

This week's card reflects my mood.  I do better when I have a bit of sunshine during the day.  I've been making an effort to get outside for a little bit every day.  Even if it's just a few minutes.

So how about some measurements?
Base: 11 x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 5 1/2" ( so saffron)
Layer 2: 3 1/2 x 4 (soft suede)
Layer 3: 3 1/4" x 3 3/4" Vanilla
Oh and there is a label punch tucked between the base layer and layer 2.  I flipped it the short way, mainly because it fits. :)

I stamped my sunflower image in soft suede then punched a 2 1/2" circle punch out of some scrap paper.  I love the really big sun.  I used the punched piece to make my sun and just sponged in a circular motion using so saffron ink. 

Next, I stamped some grass at the bottom in old olive and sponged some old olive (using a circular motion at the bottom.  I also added some bashful blue ink for the sky (again, just making big circles with my sponge).

Finally, I tied it off with a piece of old olive satin.  Ahhh, feels like summer! 
Thanks for stopping by today.  If you have time, try making a card with this super simple sketch this week. If you want to see what my friends are up to, head on over to stamping 411 for the latest samples made with this sketch! 

Cheers to you!
Selene Kempton

8 comments:

TrishG said...

WOW! This is so gorgeous! Love the use of that stamp set (I've been wanting to get that set, but still don't have it). Love the sun in the background and the colors. sooooo beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such a beautiful reflection of Spring. Here in the valley, in CA, we too have had no winter but warm days; but, this morning with our fruit trees in bloom it looks like RAIN, oh well we need the water in CA. Your card was perfect for such a dreary day. TFS. Kathleen Enes, CA

Amy said...

I love this. I pinned to to pinterest but if you want me to remove it I will. :)

Linda Callahan said...

This is just beautiful!

Rose said...

Beautiful card, I haven't used this set in years, I think I'm gonna have to make one of these before the set gets discontinued, thanks for the inspiration!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is so beautiful Selene. I could take a nap looking at this. Very soothing. Love it!

Cindystamps said...

I love this stamp set and your card is beautiful. My hostess clubs just did a card with this set. We used markers on the flowers then spritzed it with water for the watercolor effect.

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

Selene, I love your work and so have awarded your blog the Liebster Blog Award. Visit my blog for details. And keep sharing!!
Smiles, Laura
www.smileslaura.blogspot.com