Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Just Because I Love You ~ Lovely As A Tree

Good Evening Friends

Just a quick card share for you today.

I was playing along with some friends over at the chat and challenge today on SUDSOL.  That's a group for demonstrators.  Anyway, there was a sketch challenge.

The original card, following the sketch had some pearls on it.  I removed them.. He just wouldn't "get" why I had the pearls on there.. LOL  This card is a "just because" card for my hubby.  I'll leave it somewhere that he will find it with a little love note inside.  It's been a while since I've had time to do that and it just makes me happy.

Measurements:
Base layer:  so saffron, 11 x 4 1/4", scored in half at 5 1/2"
Layer 2: Espresso 4 1/4" x 2"
Layer 3: Old Olive Grosgrain (retired) ~ I cut the whole with a slot punch which is also retired.  The ribbon is tied all the way around the card and put through a hole at the top.
Layer 4: Whisper white, with the tree stamped in old olive and espresso, then blended with the blender pen.  I punched this out with a 2 1/2" circle punch.
Layer 5: 1/2 whisper white scrap, cut with scissors to get the "v" on either end. 

Very clean, simple and sweet. 
Hugs to you,
Selene Kempton

0 comments: