Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What IS a sketch Challenge??


A very good friend and customer came by yesterday and asked me what IS a sketch challenge... Guess I'm not doing my job!!

Basically, you take the layout only, change it any way you like and make a card based on that layout. So ~ the layout here has 5 layers and one embellishment.

The "base" layer of the card, is a standard card base which is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2"

Second Layer is 4 1/4" x 2"

Third is 1 x 3 3/4 (this is your patterned paper layer) and layers 4 and 5 are entirely based on what you are stamping.

To layer the paper, you'll want to add a 1/4 inch on two sides. So if your image is sitting on a 2x3" white, then the layer below it should be 2 1/4" x 3 1/4".
Two days left to try this skech out for a prize!

Still unsure of how to cut your paper? Join us for Open stamp night, at my place on October 11th. Bring what you already have, and I'll help you figure out any details on how to use it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Selene, great sketch. I thought it would be perfect for a Harvest Home card I wanted to make. You can find it here: http://www.stampingwithmary.com/seaside_inkspirations/2008/09/harvest-home.html Thanks so much.