Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Owl Hostess Page

I'm sorry I haven't posted all week. My daughter hasn’t been feeling well and that puts a wrench in plans sometimes... First things first. That is the beauty of being a SU! demo, if you need to take a break and focus on family, you can!

Anyway, Last night I had the MOST FABULOUS workshop! My friend Michelle is the "hostess with the mostest" and is such an awesome cook, she should get an award at my hostess appreciation event.

I asked her yesterday to send me some photos. We made the owl bag topper (listed below on my blog) and then I showed how to build a page from a 6x6 up to a 12 x 12. I left out the middle step. I like a 5x7 picture on mine instead.

For the base, I used a glue stick to attach a grey piece of cardstock to a bashful blue one. on that level I used several of the images from the Owl Together Now stamp set, to make a background, just stamped in a wallpaper type fashion in versamark ink.

I made my little bag topper, and cut a second piece of white cardstock with my sizzix for the base and made that into a little hidden journal area. In the top corner, I put two owls on the branch and water colored the scene, because she has two children and I was thinking too much again. I attached some retired pumpkin ribbon with a stapler and attached that piece with dimensionals.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I LOVE how you took your bag topper idea and made it into a spot for journaling! What a great idea. Very cute!!
TFS-
Alicia :)

carolm said...

very cute. love the owl journal idea.

carol.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great workshop, Selene! Everyone, including myself, had a blast that night. Thanks so much for the great hostess gift. I've shown it to friends and family who have stopped by since the workshop and everyone thinks it's just adorable. Thanks again!

Lisa H. said...

wow! this is super cute. what a fun layout and use of the top note die.