I have wanted to share a video with you for quite some time on blendabilities. They went live today and I'm LOVING playing with my sets! They ARE FINALLY available for customer order in a few colors, and the demonstrators get to preorder the colors we couldn't get before! woot!!
Here is the video, along with some snippits of the previous post here. Thanks for coming back!
Want the details on all the one's you can get? Click here to check out my store. or you can check out the pdf flier here.
Oh my gosh, and designer paper is on SALE!! Buy 3 get 1 free! Woot! here's the link for that!
DONT FORGET to get a color lifter and a momento ink pad if you're getting the blendabilities. They are so necessary for use with your markers, oh, and some whisper white paper if you don't have some.
I haven't done many videos, but i'll be doing a lot more in the coming months, so please stay tuned and subscribe to my channel!
CCREW0614CF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - Catalog Focus: Use your favorite product in your favorite way! Make us fall in love with it too!
So the reason I wanted to make a video about this one is because of all the mediums I used on the one card. None of the layers interact with each other, so there's a flawless pearl like finish on what I did.
1. Stamped the image using the new die based ink, called momento ink (will also be available when these beautiful, beautiful, markers are released. )
2. Used the Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive Blendabilities to shade my flower image. Each of the colors, comes with 3 markers, so you get a light Razzleberry, a medium, and a rich dark color for each set.
3. I started with the darkest areas of my flower first, then added the medium, then went to the light. It takes a little bit of self control not to color the whole thing in, so you get that super LUSH dark to light color that makes your eye look twice at it.
4. Next, I went backwards again from light to dark, so you could get that stark contrast in color.
5. With the blendabilities, there's a nifty little tool called the color lifter. It magically lifts the colors i already laid down on my cardstock to add a highlight, or a light source to my colored image. So it looks like this flower is sitting in the sun and my light source is coming from behind me on the left. Do you see it?
6. Next, I colored the stem similar.. this time I went light to dark. So far I have two mediums.. the momento Dye Based Ink, then the Alcohol Based Markers on top. (did I mention they match my SU project perfectly and are designed to coordinate colors... Oh such joy.. Anyway... On top of that, I grabbed my Pink Pirouette Water based Ink Pad and sponged some color over the top. I did that by inking up my sponge using a circular motion, and then doing the same thing on my paper. So that's 3 mediums of ink. Next, I put the card together and added a spritz or two of shimmer spritz. That made the card all super pearlized and sparkly. To make my pearls Rich Razzleberry, You guessed it! I colored them with the blendabilities, waited a second for them to dry and I transferred them to the top of my project.
If you want your own set of blendabilites, you might consider the demonstrator opportunity. Demonstrators always get the inside scoop from stampin up first, and have access to all preorder products. In addition, this year, Stampin' Up is offering free convention registration to anyone who signs up. That's a huge value!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share with you today. My big box of goodies came yesterday, and I'll be playing after class this morning. I'm sure to have more to share very soon!
Stampin' Up! Creative Coach
Thank you for your orders with me Shop here anytime!
Click here to join my team