Friday, March 1, 2013

3/1 Pursuit of Happiness and Fan Fair Designer paper with Vellum Overlay

Good Afternoon Friends!

I have a little love to share with you over the next few days! For the past three month's I have been part of a design team over on Split Coast Stampers, called the creative crew.  This month's challenges have been very fun and this card covers two of the challenges!  

The sentiment really speaks to my heart.  I try and do little bits of good wherever I go.  There are days when I feel like my little contributions don't matter but then something comes around to show me that all good deeds when serving others come back to us in some way.

I started with the GORGEOUS fan fair designer series paper, and thought I wanted to stamp on vellum to add my sentiment. I added a strip of designer paper under the vellum for interest and sponged the vellum with stazon ink. Then I added some romantic vintage roses at the top.

It's a super simple and quick card, but because of the GORGEOUS designer paper, it went together in a few minutes!

Here is the original challenges:

Holday Focus: Travel the road of words. Quote someone. Over the years Stampin'Up! has quoted many people in their stamps.

Use a wonderful quote as a focal point in your project. (You may use any quote that SU! has ever produced, even retired, but you must let us know the year of the stamp and the stampset name.)

Catalog Focus: Check out the Fan Fair Product Suite in the IBC, pp.106-117. Romance us with Elements of Style or Everything Eleanor. Take us away with Postage Due or Papillon Potpourri. Intrigue us with Daydream Medallions or Nature's Price.

Here's some close up of the gorgeousness!  I love the how soft the stamped vellum looks!  And I think it's the first time I've ever sponged with stazon ink!  I love how quickly it dried! 

I attached the sweet ribbon to the card with the tombo multipurpose liquid glue.  

Thanks so much for stopping by! 


Love,
Selene
My Stampin' Up! Store

1 comments:

StinkerbellSteph said...

Such a gorgeous piece of art you've created in this card! Thanks so much for sharing.