Friday, June 29, 2012

Stampin' Up! Word Play and Floral District

Good Evening Friends! 

By the time you're reading this I'll hopefully be camping! We're heading away for a few days to celebrate Independence Day (and my birthday). 

I was crafting in the wee hours with no one awake in the house when I made this card.  This week's stamping 411 came out of my head, and I honestly didn't have a card in mind, but I LOVE whisper white and lots of layers.  :) 

This weeks' sketch can be simple or more complicated.  I went with simple. :)  Did I mention that I'm diggin all the white?  So first, some measurements.

Base layer 11 x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 5 1/2"
Layer 2: 4 x 5 1/4"
Layer 3: 4 x 2 3/8", then scallop edge punched
Layer 4: 4 x 2, embossed
Layer 5: 5" ribbon
Layer 6: 3 strips of Floral District designer paper cut 4" x 3/8 of an inch and punched with a square punch. 
Layer 7: a butterfly, punched with the new butterfly punch out of floral district DSP. 

Dazzling diamonds and a two way glue pen to make it all sparkly and the ultra sparkly new button, with a strip of paper to make a stitch.

Have a great weekend, and an awesome holiday!  :)

rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

Gorgeous card Selene ... have fun camping and happy birthday!!

Tammy said...

Love it! That dsp is so pretty!!! Hope you had fun camping!

and, congrats on FIJI!!!

Patti Chesky said...

I hope you're having a blast on your vacation! Sweetie, I adore this card! Love the new embossing folder mixed with those fun dsp patterns!!!!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Only you could mix this up and make it beautiful with so many different designs.....fabulous Selene!

Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!