Thursday, June 7, 2012

Grateful, Stampin' Up! 6/7/12 Moutwatering and Pursuit of Happiness

Good Afternoon Friends!

Don't adjust your punches!  Check out the cute scalloped frame I made on the focal point of this card!  It was very easy to make using the scalloped oval punch.  It's not perfect, but it makes an AWESOME matte for your 2 1/2 circle punched images!   I love a clean and simple card that pop's like this! 

I'm sorry that I've been blogger MIA.  I'm VERY excited to be sharing with you that I'm only about $1248, in sales from earning a trip to Fiji for my husband and I. I can't even wrap my head around that!  If I get there, it will set the record for being far away from home for me! 

I'm totally excited and I've booked myself solid for workshops through the end of the month to try and achieve that goal.  I'm also in line for a performance bonus that is equal to my daughter's tuition for a WHOLE year at St. Michael's School.  For my family and I, this would be HUGE; knowing that we could take care of a year's tuition!  I'm quite a bit away from the bonus but I'm going to try for it. I can't afford to put the money in, so I will just do my best and ask for help from my friends.  It's certainly not hard to spend a little in this new catalog (which is just amazing).   Like so many things in life, I won't get there for sure if I don't try!  :)

I only have until the end of June to reach BOTH goals, so I've been trying very hard.  For those of you who make a purchase through me or my online store (min $25), I'll be sending you a card (maybe this one) and a new catalog if you don't already have one.  

Grateful ~ when I think about ALL the people I am Grateful for, it honestly brings me to tears. I thought about it quite a bit as I assembled this card.

First, I'm grateful to be a Stampin' Up demonstrator.  Stampin' Up! is a company with so much heart.  They stand behind their products and if something isn't perfect, they make it right. They make it easy for me to do my job and feel supported.

I'm grateful for my clients and friends who place orders with me monthly and have chosen to support my business in my time of need and all year long.  Some are long distance.  Others, I am blessed to know and spend time with creating works of heART that is shared with everyone they know.

I'm so grateful for my AMAZING team of demonstrators, Stampers With heART.  Some gals love a discount on their stamps, others need a discount to support their habit, some like a part time job and do one or two events a month, and I have a few business builders.  After 6 years, I am SO excited that a few of my girls have branched out and started clubs and they are sharing their lives and talents with others.  Let me just say, I would NEVER earn ANY trip if it wasn't for all of them!

I'm grateful for my demonstrator and crafty friends, whom I love and support, and feel the love from too.  We may be in a "sales" industry, but these classy ladies help me along.  I do my best to help them too and my life is better because of so MANY of them and all of you.

Whether you place regular orders with me or leave me a comment now and then ~ I'm feeling Grateful.  Much love to you all.  I hope that my blog inspires you to go create! 

So how about some more details about this card?  I used it in my first stamp camp of the new book this past Saturday!  :)














Supplies:

Stamps: Pursuit of Happiness and Mouthwatering

Ink: 2012-2014 in color markers (gumball green) and real red marker
Paper:  Gumball Green Cardstock, Very Vanilla Cardstock, Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper.
Accessories: 1/8 Real red taffeta ribbon, designer "brights" buttonstombo multipurpose adhesive, baker's twine in white, dimensionals, Scalloped Oval punch, 2 1/2" circle punch

Measurements:
Base: Very Vanilla Cardstock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: Gumball Green Cardstock 5 x 3 3/4"
Layer 3: Very Vanilla Cardstock 4 7/8" x 3 5/8"
Layer 4:  Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper
Layer 5:  1/8 Real red taffeta ribbon about 6" piece, glue dot on either end to hold it in place
Layer 6: 4 scalloped ovals, arranged in back of the circle to make a matte
Layer 7: 2 1/2" circle punch 
I'll have more to share soon!  Thank you so much for being you and thanks for stopping by to visit today!

Rubbah hugs,

Selene
My Stamp Store
NEW: Purchase Rewards Program 

0 comments: