Friday, January 13, 2012

Saturday Sketch Challenge 238

Good Evening Friends!

I love a nice clean and simple sketch challenge and I had a lot of fun with this sketch!

First, I'd like to to tell you about the focal point. The main images are from the stamp set sweet cake and stamped with cherry cobbler. I used a marker to ink it up. I stamped it on my piece of whisper white and used the ticket corner punch on the edges. Next, I sponged the edges with bashful blue ink, by laying my card stock on the table, and using a circular motion to get the ink on the edges, this makes sponging so soft! Next, I stamped my sentiment, again, using markers. I may have gone a teeny bit too low on this one. :D It happens. :D

Next, I took Illuminate top coat (with the pink top) and ran some of the top coat through my ink on the top of the cupcake. I used it to move the ink and make the cupcake look faux frosted. Next, I added some cherry cobbler glitter to each of the lines on the frosting of the cupcake. I went very heavy handed on the cherry and heart and added the cherry cobbler glitter there too.. You really need to set this stuff aside and let it dry for a bit. At least you do when you add a TON like I do. {smiles}

So how about some measurements for this project:
Base Layer: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4" (bashful blue)
Layer 2: 5 x 3 3/4" (whisper white)
Layer 3: 4 7/8" x 3 5/8" (cherry cobbler, embossed with the finial press embossing folder)
layer 4: 3 1/2 x 2 1/2" whisper white.

Please take a look and see what the other operators are up to this week. Their work always inspires me! If you have time play along. I'd love to see what you come up with for this clean and simple sketch.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Rubbah hugs,

Selene Kempton

5 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

Love the details on the cupcake--it really does look frosted!! So pretty, Selene!!

Penny Hanuszak said...

What an awesome card. Makes me want to reach out and grab that cupcake. So pretty! TFS.

Patti Chesky said...

The richness of the cherry cobbler plays off the coolness of blue so beautifully. It's a gorgeous card Selene!

Margaret said...

Wow! This is fantastic! I have to admit that I skimmed over this stamp set, but you have made it look so fun! Love all of the glittery goodness on this!

gbarron56 said...

Beautiful, Selene -- you have such a way with using this Big, bold stamp. I think it intimidates me but you've inspired me to try! Thanks -- blessings, Gretchen