Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Digital Studio Baby Announcements

Good Morning Friends!

For those of you who know me well, you know that I briefly took a job this year to help pay the tuition for my daughter's school. I was very good at the photography... but let's just say I needed a monkey to come out of my cart and do the sales piece. I could use a sales person behind me on my shoulder. :D All in all, it wasn't the right place for me. I made another difficult decision to leave.

Recently I was asked by a few friends to take some pictures of their new grandchild for them. I got the equipment I needed for my camera from Santa and it seems I'm on my way! It's hard to know what God has in store for me.

The ability to capture one of God's greatest gifts on film couldn't be a better gift to me. I count my blessings every day that God had given me a way to stay at home and take care of my daughter while giving me a way to make a few bucks here and there and help pay for her education. More importantly, I thank God for the friendships that I have built as a result of crafting. A card is a pretty powerful thing, it's the biggest little thing you can do for someone. Anyway, I'm excited to share with you some of the photos I took and two different birth announcement samples. I took all the photos, and used My Digital Studio to create the Birth Announcements.

This first design is a "case" of my favorite birth announcement from my old job. Of course I changed it quite a bit and put the Stampin up spin on it! They will be printed post card style 5 x 7 and will be printed both sides. So, the two pictures shown here, will be one postcard.



The second is an alternate announcement to show a different design. I really like them both and hope that my friend will like one of them. Although she said she wont be needing many. I still had fun playing with the pictures of this new little miracle.

That's it for today. Watch out for those little blessings!
Rubbah hugs,
Selene~

2 comments:

Mary said...

What a little doll she is and you did a wonderful job on them too! May I ask how you get different fonts onto MDS, as I need to make samples wedding invites for my daughter to look at, thanks for any help!

Anonymous said...

wow Selene these pictures are beautiful. You are gifted in photography as well as card making. I loved what you said about a card being the biggest little thing you can do for someone. That needs to be in quotations and marketed! Thanks for sharing your talent. ~Donna