Friday, July 3, 2009

Saturday Sketch Challenge ~ 106

Happy Independence Day!

Today’s card is for a sketch challenge over on the stamping 411 blog. One of my bff’s birthday is today. She shared with me that she hated red white and blue as a kid. Where her birthday was on the 4th of july, her parents dressed her in red white and blue all year long! So ~ for Gina’s birthday card, I chose another summer tradition… Strawberries! I ran my second layer through the big shot and sanded the dsp so you can see the dots. I used chalk pastels to color the shimmer white panel and the dots picked up the extra ink nicely. Then I got it messy… Like a juicy strawberry, I used real red ink and applied the ink direct to paper (and ribbon). I got it all over my hands (like making mud pies and had so much fun.

Happy Birthday Gina! Wanna play along with this fun sketch? Check out what the operators are up to over at stamping411. You could end up having YOUR card showcased!

3 comments:

Erna Logtenberg said...

Very pretty card Selene!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Wonderful Card Selene! I can just taste the powdered sugar and the strawberries. This card reminded me of picking strawberries as a kid in Maryland/Virginia and of course back then as now every kid had a sweet tooth so instead of candy bars my mom gave us bowls of powdered sugar to dip strawberries in. Mmmmmm! Although I have to admit that amount of sugar makes me cringe now when I think of childhood strawberries I taste the sugar too :D

So a perfect summer card and this time the farmer didn't threaten to weigh me to see how many I had eaten!

Family Fun said...

Love this card and I just got that stamp set so I can't wait to try a similar one!