Friday, March 13, 2009

Blogger's challenge And Kristina Werner's color combo

It's so funny that in the back of my mind, I can't resist doing a Kristina Werner challenge. I had it all in my mind that i was going to skip it this week. Then while making my texture card for Bloggers challenge, I couldn't help myself to use the black white and grey challenge from Kristina! :)

I just love the taste of textiles paper. there is a shimmer and some lines, and this photo really doesnt do the finished product product justice.
I started with going grey ink on my texture plate, and I laid the very shimmery white on top. I ran it through the texture plate with the ink on it. It's very subtle and you can see it so much better in person.
The sentiment "A day to remember, a lifetime of love" is from the occasions mini and I just couldnt resist it. You can really see it in person, but in the photograph the shiney paper took over so you cant see the words. It's almost like a hologram type of paper. I love it. I imagine it on the front of a wedding invitation. I've been doing invitations for friends and family and think this will be just another creative outlet to branch into. I finished it off with the satin ribbon. I tied it around and made a bow (i never do that) When i was done with that, I had a girlfriend here (hi barbie!) who said... "that looks like a present. And off I went! Two great challenges combined together. I had fun with this one.

21 comments:

Ida said...

Great card - Very Elegant. Looks like we were thinking "alike" because I combined the same two challenges as well.

Connie Babbert said...

Beautiful card, Selene! So elegant!

Lisa Martz said...

Very classy and elegant! Great wedding card.

Basement Stamper said...

wow, very elegant! Great minds think alike, you, Ida and myself all used this challenge this week.

Two Happy Stampers said...

So beautiful!! I love what you did with this color challenge! =)

-Adriel

Kerry D-C said...

Wow! so pretty!

Lisa Somerville said...

Very elegant - love the ribbon too!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

So pretty, elegant. Love the use of your folder there, the embossing works well on this card.

:) Marcia

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautifully done Selene! This card is so elegant too! :D

Rachel Hope said...

WOW...stunning!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this card.... simple yet so very elegant.... Just gorgeous....

Cookie

Patti Chesky said...

Simple elegance!!! Absolutely stunning!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Selene, this is so very elegant and perfect for the occasion!

Lisa Bohler said...

This is a stunner. If Kristina doesn't pick it, she's crazy!

Claudia Perry said...

WOW what a stunning card. Love the elegance!

Unknown said...

WOW!! Your card is so elegant and beautiful!!! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Very elegant, Selene!!

Lori said...

This is stunning! So elegant.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Selene! It looks like an elegant gift package, great job!

Chrissy D said...

WOW - this is stunning and elegant! TFS!

Caroline LeBel, Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

SHUT UP! Love it :) I never thought of inking up the plate, you is one stinkin' cool genius!!!