Monday, April 7, 2014

4/7 Stampin' Up! Pomp & Circumstance feat. Retro Fresh Designer Paper, Graduation Card

Good Evening Friends,

Here's a sweet card that I made for my hubby's cousin Sammy, who just graduated from college... So, we got the most beautiful invitation, and I fully intended to attend, and SPACED IT!!!  It was awesome to see the pictures on FB of the party we missed!  Gheesh!!  I'm in direct sales!!  I know that people don't respond/dont show/space out but, I get so mad at myself when I do it, ya know?

So, here's the card for Samantha!  It's so pretty!!  I got the layout from the cool sketch site, Mojo Monday!  Julie is truly a mojo master and I love playing along with her sketches.  So, check it out! 

1.  I started with the retro fresh arrow design, and cut the DSP to 3x4".  I cut layer below that out of baked brown sugar cardstock to 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" and stuck them together with snail adhesive. 

2.  Next I tied a bow from the 7/16" natural trim ribbon. (which happens to be a weekly deal this week and is on sale through tonight, Monday night. 

3.  I punched a 1 3/4" circle of the flip side of the arrows (the tangerine colored circle) then punched another circle to follow the sketch out of a coordinating pattern. 

4.  The pomp and circumstance sentiment is stamped on a 1 1/4", then I cut a banner in the end.  Added the CELEBRATE in tangerine tango, and sponged the whole thing in baked brown sugar.

5.  I stamped the graduation cap on some Coastal Cabana card stock and cut it out with my paper snips.

I attached this to the bottom 3 layers.  The base is 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and is scored at 4 1/4". Layer 2 is baked brown sugar 5 1/8" x 3 7/8".  The third layer, which was embossed with the chevron embossing folder, and measures 5 x 3 3/4". 

So, I'll have to put a nice little gift inside this one, yes?  What a space cadet!  Thanks so much for stopping by today! 


Selene Kempton
Stampin' Up! Creative Coach
Thank you for your orders with me  Shop here anytime!


Denise Willerton said...

LOVE your card Selene ~ and your bow is FABULOUS!!! Is there a trick to that!! TFS and have a wonderful evening :-)

cncdesigns2013 said...

Great card. Love the color combination

LeAnne said...

Love this, Selene! These colors are wonderful, doncha think?