Monday, March 21, 2011

Mojo Monday and Regionals fun!

Good Morning!

I don't have too much time to chat this morning.. I'm headed out the door with my hubby to volunteer at the school. I was up early and saw the cute mojo monday sketch! What a fun sketch! I used the Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper, which will be on special next month from Stampin' Up!

Measurements:
Base layer: 11 x 4 1/4" scored and folded in half at 5 1/2"
Layer 2: 4 1/4" x 1" marina mist.. that I ran through the big shot with the vintage wallpaper embossing folder.
Layer 3: 3 5/8" x 2 5/8" marina mist.
Layer 4: DSP 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Layer 5: 2 5/8" x 2 7/8" marina mist cardstock
Layer 6: 2 1/2" x 2 3/4" Whisper white
Top layer is a 3/4" thick paper banner, trimmed to size.

This designer paper paper is so fun and versatile. It has a CRAZY amount of colors in it.. Here they are...Baja, Cobbler, Choc Chip, Marina Mist, Not quite navy, Old Olive, River Rock, Soft Suede, and Tangerine Tango. Whew! :D

I'm way behind on birthday cards so I decided to make this one a birthday, and strayed from the sketch just a little bit to get my big scripty ol sentiment on there! :D

I inked my floral with Olive, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy and Cherry Cobbler. Then huff stamped it on my white paper. I added some glitter with a two way glue pen... its much more sparkly in real life! :D

So! Here's where I started... I made 9 of these cute little gifts for my downline this weekend for the Stampin' Up! regional seminar in Hartford CT. They were all different, so I'll have more to post along with pictures from the event during this week. I had a vision for this box in my head,... drew it out on paper, scanned it, fixed the lines on the computer, then printed them on card stock to make the base bottoms.. (my first pattern!) I was so excited to give these out with the cute little button bracelets I made.. (again, i will post all of it this week sometime). :D

I need to run for now, but I hope you have a wonderful week! Spring has sprung!

Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton

12 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh Selene.... GORGEOUS! Both creations are absolutely beautiful! I love that paper... have been playing with it myself!

MaryJo said...

these are sooo cute! love the colors...

artfulstampin said...

Beautiful! Is that a SU! punch you've used for the flowers?

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh GORGEOUS!!

Stacy Royster said...

This card and color combo is gorgeous. I am glad I found my way to your blog. I am your newest follower.
http://stacysstampinspot.blogspot.com

Tami Black said...

Selene,

Truly beautiful! Love everything about this and the colors just rock together!

Dale Morin said...

Both are beautiful! Love the colors. TFS

Love your blog!

Family Fun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle J. said...

What a fun set! This is a beautiful color combination.

DIANA L. said...

These are beautiful TFS
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Cindee Wilkinson said...

Just beautiful! Are you by any chance, going to share how you made the purse????? Please! The cards are gorgeous too!

Unknown said...

beautiful!!! love those new papers -- can't wait for my order to arrive!!! Would love to know how you made the purse......please??????!!!