Monday, December 21, 2009

Mojo Monday ~ a cool and simple sketch

I was supposed to start a new day job today. Instead, I'm sick at and home. I feel SO yucky! I took a quick peek at the mojo Monday sketch and spent a half hour in the stamp room.

This is a sneak peek of what will be available in January, isn't it pretty?

I used the rock and roll technique to get two colors on my stamp for the main flower. I used markers (kind of sloppily) on the white, to decorate that middle panel.

So my goal is to bundle up on the couch and do nothing today, but I do need to go and get my little one in a few hours. Hopefully I can keep my germs to myself and not get her sick. Geepers!

17 comments:

Patti said...

Very,very pretty! Hope you feel better!

Patti Chesky said...

I hope you are feeling better soon, my friend!! Such a beautiful card!!! Get as much rest as you can.

Cindy Haffner said...

This is GORGEOUS!!

RuthieB said...

Selene!!! I hope you feel better soon!!!!! This card is soooo beautiful!! I just love it!

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card! Love the new set.

Heidi Lopez said...

This is a gorgeous card!

Tiffany Bauer said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL Selene!!!! Sorry to hear you are sick!! It sucks when we don't feel good!! I hope you have a blessed and merry christmas my friend!!

Debbie Henderson said...

I'm so jealous. You have your new goodies and I've been waiting 11 days for mine! I'm suppposed to get a delivery today but here it is after 2:00 p.m....still nothing!! Your card is beautiful. I wanted to use my new stuff for mine also but it'll have to wait until next week!! Hope you feel better soon!

Stamps,Paper,Glitter said...

oh Selene this os gorgeous!Have a happy Christmas, Jana

Stampin'GHmom said...

This is quite lovely! I really like the colors and the flower.

Laura Thorpe said...

Selene, this is very pretty. I love the colors you used!

Wendy said...

Wholy crap Selene! This is amazing, you really made this sketch come alive! Great job!

Piritta said...

Really pretty card!

Kylie-Jo said...

Love this card!!!! The colours, stamp set, dsp all gorgeous. You have done a great job with the layout. Nice use of a sick day!!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Such a pretty, vintage look.

Mary Davidson said...

It's gorgeous, Selene...so soft and pretty! Feel better soon!
Mary

Deb said...

Your card is beautiful!

I'm sending well-wishes your way! I'm sick too...it sure stinks to be sick at Christmas! I'm hoping that by the time the big day gets here we'll both feel better!