Monday, November 24, 2008

Card for Alexis or Mommy?? Featured Artist Karen B.

Sorry that I have been MIA for a few days. I had a fabulous weekend. Alexis 4th birthday was Saturday. We had dinner at fudruckers (her favorite) with just the family. Sunday, we had her party!

Alexis wanted to invite ALL the kids from her preschool class, so we rented a bouncy house place called the back yard party place! It was a lot of fun. I have to admit, i'm a little "type A" germ phob, and this place is extremely clean and well maintained. Opened by two moms.. Just wonderful! We had two high school age girls helping, and let me just tell you, it was FABULOUS. There was not one disagreement among anyone, it was stress free and I think the parents had more fun than the kids. We were able to go in the giant bouncy houses with the kids and it really was a good time!

Two of the mom's actually made Alexis her birthday cards and I love them SO much that I think they were secretly for me! Maybe not, but I appreciate the thought and process that it takes to create just the right card.

Karen B. made this gorgeous card! I don't think the photo does it justice. It is so pretty in real life. There is dazzling diamonds all over it, but you cant tell. I believe she stamped it in chocolate chip and used blender pens with chaulk pastels to color it. She used pink pirouette, and tangerine tango. Great color, great presentation! Wow! Thanks! Was this card really for Alexis??

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute card! Tell Karen she did a great job! She is a natural!