Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Cousin had a baby!

I love having new babies in the family. First, my cousin John and his lovely wife had a bouncing baby boy, and now my other cousin Jay and his sweet wife Dedra had a girl! Here are some photos of the fun gift i made for them.

First, I dyed one of our neutral albums to groovy guava. I know that one of my friends from the Utah Diva's designed this technique. You take 4 parts water (i used spring water) to one part reinker and paint it on the album. Let it dry for a few days and viola! You have a custom colored album! Fabulous!

Next it's time to layer the inside of the album with matching designer series paper and decoroate of course! Why waste the inside cover of the album, when you can make it a wonderful addition to your album?



Here is a photo of the entire gift but I have much more to share. This was so much fun to put together. I actually included a gift card to babies r us. However, sometimes I feel funny giving "just" a gift card. A personalized album is an amazing touch to any gift card. When you make something by hand for someone ~ that's a thoughtful gift that cannot just be "purchased". See you tomorrow with more things baby!

2 comments:

carolm said...

beautiful selene. and the frame will be a welcome addition also.

xoxo ~ carol.

Anonymous said...

I love these! New babies are fun to make things for (or for the mommy and daddy)